Terms of Business
Terms of Business 2015/2016
1. Catalogue and website are owned and operated by Peter Beales Roses Ltd, London Road, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 1AY. England. Tel: 01953 454707 Fax: 01953 456845. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.classicroses.co.uk Co Reg No: 1235198. Terms apply to all plants subject to specific definitions.
2. Guarantee ~ Applies only to plants purchased from Peter Beales Roses Ltd, Attleborough via mail order/website/shop are guaranteed 1 yr from delivery provided properly planted and watered. We cannot be held responsible for losses due to lack of care/poor planting. Notices of failure inc. photograph/s or returned plant/s should be received no later than 31 July in summer following delivery. Bare root replacement/s will normally be sent November/December. Container roses can only be replaced with same/similar bare root variety; it is not possible to replace container roses in winter.
3. Placing Orders ~ By placing an order you are making a contract with us. Please follow instructions on order form in catalogue or process on website, providing all information requested. Orders accepted for bare root roses from 1 April - 21 March following year, for despatch late October - March, container roses and other plant orders all year round, subject to availability. Orders sent in strict sequence, according to date received. Customers will receive order acknowledgement with order number which should be quoted in all communications concerning order. Prices quoted in this catalogue are for bare root only. Container price is on page 10.
4. Priority Despatch ~ Priority Despatch Service (orders in 48 hrs) for bare root roses in winter and containerised roses in summer (ex standard tree roses), all year except December 10th - January 16th. Orders must be received by 3.00pm Monday - Wednesday to enable order to be delivered for weekend. Available UK mainland only at additional cost of £20 per order for 1-25 roses. Please ask for terms for larger orders. Tick box on website checkout or ask for Priority Despatch with telephone order.
Please note: Orders placed over weekend or preceding Thursday/Friday will be processed as an order placed on following Monday. Orders subject to adverse weather conditions i.e. frost, snow etc. which could prevent order being lifted, we will inform you at the time of your order. Service subject to carriers, who although contracted to provide service, may let us down or experience difficulties delivering to you.
5. Lifting and Despatch ~ We are unable to notify in advance of despatch dates for orders. Bare root rose orders placed before end September will usually be despatched by end November. Bare root rose orders received during October/November will normally be sent in December. Bare root rose orders placed December/January will be sent out in February. Bare root rose orders placed February/March will be sent during March. Orders placed second half of November could arrive just before Christmas. Container roses and container plants will be usually despatched within 7 - 10 days from date of order. Bare root rose season 31st October - 21st March.
For our latest delivery information please visit this page
If you have any specific requests concerning the timing of your delivery, please let us know.
6. Non Availability ~ Please list names of substitutes you would accept in place of any roses or other plants on order which are out of stock, or allow our Rosarians to make a substitution on your behalf, or ask for a refund. Please select correct box of choice on order form.
7. Carriage and Packing Charges ~ Please see the separate table below the 'Terms of Business'. As items are despatched separately and at different times, carriage rates are charged for each separate group of products. Rates apply to U.K. (For Eire and Channel Islands and other destinations outside UK see paragraph 13. Export Delivery Charges).
8. Payment ~ Full payment due when orders placed. Acknowledgments will be issued after orders received. Cheques should be made payable to Peter Beales Roses. Your account will be debited when order is placed for debit/credit card.
9. Collection ~ Bare root roses/garden plants can be collected end October - end March. Having placed order and either paid in full on website, or with 20% deposit (minimum or £5) over phone/mail order, please advise us of collection date at least three clear working days (Monday-Friday) before date.
10. Cancellations ~ Any order cancelled 14+ days from date of receipt will be subject to 20% cancellation charge. Your contract with us can be cancelled by email or letter within 7 working days after receipt of goods and order cancelled for products you no longer require and not due to poor quality/damage/mis-description with reason for cancellation, as this will help us to further improve our service. Please note that if you do cancel order after receipt you will be responsible for returning goods to us at your cost using same/similar packaging to protect goods in transit, enclosing a copy of your cancellation letter. This cancellation policy does not affect your legal rights.
11. Shortages ~ Shortages must be notified within 3 working days from date of delivery.
12. Standard Tree Roses ~ Cannot be sent to destinations outside U.K. mainland.
13. Export Delivery Charges ~ Vary according to Country due to plant health regulations etc. Website orders automatically provide information about costs of packing/carriage. Please contact us for details of costs for orders placed through catalogue.
14. Payment for Export Orders ~ Payment will only be accepted in Sterling by Sterling Bank Transfer, MasterCard, Visa, Access or Maestro. Payment due when orders placed. Goods will not be despatched until full payment received.
15. E.U. Export Orders ~ No import restrictions and no surcharges.
16. Rose Export Outside E.U. ~ 10% of rose value will be added when root washing procedures necessary. A £25.00 surcharge per order will be applied to cover statutory export administration charges. Overseas customers should check with their Government Agricultural Department to see if import permit required, if so a copy of this should be sent with order. DEFRA Plant Inspectors are unable to release plants without inspection of these documents. We cannot export any other bare root garden plants.
17. Excluded Countries ~ Supply of plants is prohibited to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, North America, South Africa and others; please ask.
18. Guarantee & Non-availability of Exported Roses ~ Guarantee applies to roses which fail subject to terms of guarantee (See paragraph 2), but all other costs including root washing, carriage, packing and statutory export charges etc. will be applied to any replacements.
19. Opening Times ~ See page 2 of catalogue or visit website on ‘Contact Us’ page www.classicroses.co.uk
20. Quality ~ Late summer container plants will be sent pruned and will not have flowers/much foliage. Container plants can be planted in garden or larger container/pot ready for new growth during next season. All rose stock is finest quality for each variety. Although most shrubs, old fashioned and climbing roses etc. make good sized plants in reasonable period, some, especially rare, tend to be smaller. For this reason many classic roses are not grown by other nurseries. Please accept rarer sorts may be smaller than more vigorous counterparts. Price relates to rarity and difficulty to produce rather than plant size. We reserve right to send best plant of any given variety. If considered to be smaller than you might reasonably expect, this will be noted on label. If plant does not produce satisfactory growth, subject to provisions of guarantee, we will replace it subject to stock availability.
Terms are current and replace previous terms and will apply to your order, but are subject to change.
E&OE rev: 20150216-12401.
These terms are current and replace previous terms. The terms will apply to your order, but are subject to change so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders.
Carriage and Packing Costs (UK Mainland Only)
Bare root Rose/Ornamental Plant 1-5 £6.95 6-15 £7.95 16+ Free
Container Rose 1-4 £7.95 5-8 £15.90 9-12 £23.85
13-16 £31.80 17-20 £39.75 20+ Ask
Small packets (tickets etc) 1+ £0.50
Sundries (rose food etc) 1 £6.50 2-4 £8.00 5+ £12.00
If the rose order includes Standard Tree roses then the total plant delivery cost will be £12.00
If the rose order includes Weeping Standard Tree roses then the total plant delivery cost will be £24.00
The catalogue and website are owned and operated by Peter Beales Roses Ltd, London Road, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 1AY. England. Telephone: 01953 454707 Fax: 01953 456845. Email: email@example.com Website: www.classicroses.co.uk Company Registration Number: 1235198.