An updated statement from Peter Beales Roses & Peter Beales Garden Centre
Coronavirus/COVID-19 - 02/07/2020
Mail Order Deliveries *UPDATED 13th July 2020*
Current estimated delivery times for container roses and garden plants are 7 to 10 working days.
Restaurant Re-opening 4th July
We are delighted to confirm that the Rosarium Restaurant will be re-opening on Saturday 4th July with a reduced menu and we look forward to welcoming you back!!
Before your visit please note that the following procedures have been put in place as per current Government guidelines.
- The restaurant and outside eating areas will be open to first come first served.
- All areas will be table service ONLY with all food to be placed on a designated table by staff for the customer to collect. All food and drink will be served in or on disposable crockery as per Breckland Environmental Health guidelines.
- We will be asking for contact details before taking any food orders and only 2 households to dine together, including support bubbles.
- Customers will be allowed to occupy their table for no more than 2 hours.
- We kindly ask that all visitors please sanitise their hands on arrival and on leaving the restaurant.
- Please note we have a new one-way system which we kindly ask you to follow, keeping aware of social distancing rules at all times.
- Our furniture is purposely placed to follow social distancing rules and must not be moved.
- A new dog friendly seating area is now available.
- It is advisable to book where possible.
- Only food purchased from the Rosarium Restaurant is permitted to be consumed within the restaurant, outside eating areas and gardens.
- We will only be accepting card payments.
This will be strange to us all, so we kindly ask that you remain patient if you have to wait longer than normal. This is not how we would normally run the restaurant but these are the rules we have to follow to keep us all safe. Please remember this is all new to our staff too, so your patience during this period of adjustment is much appreciated.
We look forward to seeing you soon! - Chris Heywood, Head Chef / Restaurant Manager.
Garden Centre and Gardens
We are pleased to announce that the Garden Centre and Gardens re-opened on Wednesday 13th May following the Governments approval earlier that week. The Garden Centre has now returned to usual opening times, 9am - 5pm Monday to Saturday and 10am - 4pm on Sundays. We would like to reassure our customers that the health and safety of our visitors and staff remains our highest priority. For this reason, upon visiting the Garden Centre you will notice that we have put a number of safety precautions in place to adhere to the Governments advice and to keep our visitors safe. We politely ask, for the health and safety of not only yourselves but that of others around you, that the Governments advice around social distancing and hand washing are adhered to at all times. Thank you.
The following procedures have now been put in place until further notice to make the Garden Centre as safe as possible.
- If you feel unwell please do not visit us.
- As per Government guidelines we encourage you to wear a face mask / scarf when visiting us.
- All trolleys will be sanitised before and after each use.
- In certain areas there will be a one way system in place to follow. Please follow the signed route. If you miss anything please do not go back, simply follow the one way system and go round again.
- The Rose Gardens will be open for you to enjoy, all we ask is that you follow the social distancing rules inside and outside the garden centre.
- Only a limited number of customers will be allowed in the store at any time, on a one in one out basis.
- No large parties or groups currently permitted.
- We will not be loading any customer’s vehicles. Please only purchase what you can safely carry and load yourself.
- To reduce any prolonged contact with our team they will only be offering limited advice. Our team have been instructed not to be personal shoppers, but of course we are more than happy to point you in the right direction.
- Please expect queuing during busy periods in order to gain access to the garden centre and also when paying for goods.
- Strict procedures will be in place at the tills. Till screens have been fitted for the protection of all.
- Please be aware that we will only be accepting card / contactless payments.
- *UPDATE 16/06/20* Toilet facilities have now re-opened.
- Please be patient kind, and respectful to our team, we are here to help you and make your visit as safe as possible.
- Please note that all the above procedures are subject to amendments in accordance with government guidelines.
We look forward to welcoming you in the near future.