Kordes Roses - Best of the Best Collection
Sensational roses bred by Kordes
Famous around the world for their exceptional disease resistance and beauty, we are proud to be able to offer our customers a selection of exceptional roses bred by German rose breeders Kordes.
About Kordes Roses
In 1887 Wilhelm Kordes I, founded the first W. Kordes’ Söhne nursery in a small town called Elmshorn, just north of Hamburg in Germany. At the age of 22 years, he could not have foreseen that his passionate interest in roses and breeding would influence the life of his descendants over many generations to come.
Over the years the company grew and in 1919 relocated to Klein Offenseth-Sparrieshoop where the company still trades from today. Wilhelm’s two sons began working for the company adding their flair and talent. Wilhelm II dedicated his life to breeding, whilst Hermann I concentrated on building the business. The introduction of ‘Crimson Glory’ in 1935 was one of the early successes from the breeding program.
In 1963, the third generation began the management of the company; steering the well-established breeding program into the development of the cut rose, which consequently led to the introduction of the legendary ‘Mercedes’ floristry rose.
For the last thirty years or so, the 4th generation, Tim-Hermann, Wilhelm Kordes III, as well as Bernd Helms-Kordes have taken over the reins, realising the ever-increasing demand for healthy and disease-resistant roses. The company took the bold decision to stop using fungicides on their trial roses, although initially this had devastating results, the few roses that proved a natural resistance, laid a pathway for the beautiful highly acclaimed roses we benefit from today.
Today’s managers are sure that the philosophy of their fathers and grandfathers is still as valid today as it was in 1887, producing award-winning, disease-resistant, healthy, garden roses of excellent quality is the key to their success.
Shop the Kordes Collection
Recent Kordes additions to our catalogue include*...
- Flaming Star (Bush Rose)
- Florentina (Climbing Rose)
- Golden Gate (Climbing Rose)
- Royal Parfuma (Bush Rose) AKA ‘Gräfin Diana’
- Secret Parfuma (Bush Rose) AKA ‘Earth Angel’ & ‘Herzogin Christiana’
- County of Yorkshire (Bush Rose) AKA ‘Innocencia’
- Jasmina (Climbing Rose)
- Kiss me Kate (Climbing Rose)
- La Villa Cotta (Shrub Rose)
- Lambada® (Shrub Rose)
- Mandarin (Patio Shrub Rose)
- Märchenzauber (Bush Rose) AKA 'Bliss', 'Bliss Parfuma' & 'Fairytale Magic'
- Novalis (Bush Rose) AKA ‘Poseidon’
- Lovely Parfuma (Bush Rose) AKA ‘Summer Romance’ & ‘Rosengräfin Marie-Henriette’
- Snow Bunny (Patio Shrub Rose) AKA 'Schneeküsschen’
- Souvenir (Bush Rose) AKA ‘Souvenir de Baden-Baden®
- Summer Memories (Shrub Rose)
- Sweet Honey (Bush Rose)
- Winter Sun (Bush Rose)