1. Catalogue and website are owned and operated by Peter Beales Roses Ltd, London Road, Attleborough, Norfolk. NR17 1AY. England. Tel: 01953 454707.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Web: www.classicroses.co.uk Co Reg No: 1235198. Terms apply to all plants subject to specific definitions.
2. Guarantee ~ Applies only to plants purchased from Peter Beales Roses Ltd, via mail order/website/garden centre are guaranteed 1 year from delivery provided properly planted, watered and cared for. We cannot be held responsible for losses due to lack of care/poor planting. Notices of failure inc. photograph/s or returned plant/s should be received within 1 year and no later than 31 July following delivery. Bare root rose replacement/s will normally be sent November/Dececember. Container roses can only be replaced with same/similar bare root variety; it is not possible to replace container roses in winter.
3. Placing Orders ~ By placing an order you are making a contract with us. Please follow instructions on order form in catalogue or process on website, providing all information requested. Orders accepted for bare root roses from 1 April - 20 March following year, for despatch late October - March, container roses and other plant orders all year round, subject to availability. Orders sent in strict sequence, according to date received. Customers will receive order acknowledgement with order number which should be quoted in all communications.
4. Priority Despatch ~ Priority Despatch Service (orders in 48 hrs) for bare root roses in winter and containerised roses in summer (ex standard tree roses), all year except December 8th - January 8th. Orders must be received by 3.00pm Monday - Wednesday for delivery by weekend. Available UK mainland only at additional cost of £20 per order for 1-25 roses. Please ask for terms for larger orders or ask for Priority Despatch with telephone order. Orders placed over weekend or preceding Thursday/Friday will be processed as an order placed on following Monday. Orders subject to adverse weather conditions, which could prevent order being lifted, we will inform you at the time of order. Service subject to carriers, who although contracted to provide service, may let us down or experience difficulties delivering.
5. Lifting and Despatch ~ We are unable to notify in advance despatch dates for orders. Bare root rose orders placed between April to November will be despatched between November/December. Orders placed second half of November could arrive just before Christmas. December orders will be despatched in January; Orders in January to late March, delivered 5 working days from date of order. Container roses and container plants will usually be despatched within 7 to 10 working days.
6. Delivery ~ We cannot accept liability due to damage or theft of goods if required to leave parcel outside/with a neighbour.
For our latest delivery information please visit 'Delivery Information'.
7. Non Availability ~ Please list names of acceptable substitutes for any roses or other plants which are out of stock, or allow our Rosarians to substitute on your behalf, or ask for a refund. Please select correct box of choice on order form.
8. Carriage and Packing Charges ~ See table below. Items may be despatched separately and at different times. Rates apply to UK (Eire, Channel Islands and other destinations outside UK see paragraph 13. Export Delivery Charges).
9. Payment ~ Full payment due when orders placed. Acknowledgments will be issued after orders received. Cheques should be made payable to Peter Beales Roses. Your account will be debited when order is placed for debit/credit card.
10. Collection ~ Bare root roses/garden plants can be collected end October - end March. Having placed order and either paid in full on website, or with 20% deposit (minimum or £5) over phone/mail order, please advise us of collection date at least three clear working days (Monday-Friday) before date.
11. Cancellations ~ Any order cancelled 14+ days from date of receipt will be subject to 20% cancellation charge. Your contract with us can be cancelled by email or letter within 7 working days after receipt of goods and order cancelled for products you no longer require and not due to poor quality/damage/mis-description with reason for cancellation. Please note that if you do cancel order after receipt you will be responsible for returning goods to us at your cost using same/similar packaging, enclosing a copy of your cancellation letter. This does not affect your legal rights.
12. Shortages ~ Shortages must be notified within 3 working days from date of delivery.
13. Standard Tree Roses ~ Cannot be sent to destinations outside UK mainland.
14. Export Delivery Charges ~ Vary according to Country due to plant health regulations etc. Website orders automatically provide information about costs of packing/carriage. Please contact us for details of costs for orders placed through catalogue.
15. Payment for Export Orders ~ Payment will only be accepted in Sterling by Sterling Bank Transfer, MasterCard, Visa, Access or Maestro. Payment due when orders placed. Goods will not be despatched until full payment received.
16. EU Export Orders ~ No import restrictions and no surcharges.
17. Rose Export Outside EU ~ 10% of rose value will be added when root washing procedures necessary. A £35.00 surcharge per order will be applied to cover statutory export administration charges. Overseas customers should check with their Government Agricultural Department to see if import permit required, if so a copy of this should be sent with order. DEFRA Plant Inspectors are unable to release plants without inspection of these documents. We cannot export any other bare root garden plants.
18. Excluded Countries ~ Supply of plants is prohibited to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, North America, South Africa and others; please ask.
19. Guarantee & Non-availability of Exported Roses ~ Guarantee applies to roses which fail subject to terms of guarantee (See paragraph 2), but all other costs including root washing, carriage, packing and statutory export charges etc. will be applied to any replacements.
20. Opening Times ~ Please visit ‘Contact Us’ page.
21. Quality ~ Our plants are despatched in the same growing stage as would be appropriate for that time of year. During the summer, we aim to select and dispatch plants in bloom, although this cannot be guaranteed. Late summer container plants will be sent pruned and may not have flowers/much foliage. Container plants can be planted in garden or larger container/pot ready for new growth during next season. All rose stock is finest quality for each variety. Although most shrubs, old fashioned and climbing roses etc. make good sized plants in reasonable period, some, especially rare, tend to be smaller. For this reason many classic roses are not grown by other nurseries. We reserve right to send best plant of any given variety. If considered to be smaller than you might reasonably expect, this will be noted on label. If plant does not produce satisfactory growth, subject to provisions of guarantee, we will replace it subject to stock availability.
Terms are current and replace previous terms and will apply to your order, but are subject to change. E&OE rev: 20170227-1505
Bare root, Container roses/Ornamental plants £6.95
Orders with Standard Tree roses £12.00
Orders with Weeping Standard Tree roses £24.00
Please note we cannot currently post out containerised Standard Tree roses and Weeping Standard Tree roses due to their size and weight.